Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rascal Flatts Concert

On March 7 I got to go to the Rascal Flatts concert in Salt Lake and the tickets were free!!! My roommate, Karen, had won 2 tickets to the concert from a radio station and I was the lucky one that she asked to go with her. :-) She had also received gift certificates for dinner at Chili's so we went there for dinner first and then rode Trax up to Salt Lake.

So here's a funny little story that I hesitate to write but I'll go ahead anyway. A week or so before the concert Karen emailed me to say she'd picked up the tickets and they were on row 17. I emailed her back and said those were great seats because they were close enough to the stage for my bra to actually make it up there when I threw it. So the night of the concert I put a bra in my purse to show Karen in the hopes of freaking her out and getting a laugh. I did get the laugh but when we got to the Delta Center I realized that security was going to search my purse before letting us enter. I am the one who freaked out (just a little) because I didn't want them to find my smuggled bra! I managed to discreetly move the bra from my purse into my pocket and thankfully I was not found out.

Here are a few pictures from the concert. Unfortunately this is the only picture of me at the concert and it's not a good one! To document that I was really there I'll include it anyway and it is a good picture of Karen. There is also a picture of Kellie Pickler from American Idol. She was the opening act and was a lot better than I thought she would be. The whole concert was tons of fun!!!








3 comments:

Jinsey Jane said...

You did it! ! ! I am so glad that you are able to blog now. I loved the story about the bra. Now that is significant history that needs to be passed on through the ages. Great write up of the event and pictures look awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share your history. Now it is published!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I wish that I could have gone to that concert! What a funny story!

Sheena said...

Okay, now I'm the jealous one! I've NEVER been to any concert before and if I ever went to one I would want it to be a Rascal Flatts concert. That is so cool! You are such a riot with your ideas to get a reaction out of someone. :)