Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Walk on the River Trail

Let me just say for the record that I am so done with winter and so ready for spring! Today was such a beautiful day and we got out of church early because it was stake conference so we had a barbeque then went for a walk along the Provo River Trail because the weather is finally warm enough to spend time outside. Yeah!!!

By the way, for those of you wondering how my talk in stake conference went, I ended up not having to speak. I received a call from the stake executive secretary yesterday asking how my talk was coming for that evening. I told him I was supposed to be speaking in the Sunday session and he said he was afraid of that. I explained that I wasn't attending the Saturday session because I was babysitting my nephew (thanks Jake & Steph!) :-) that night and he had special needs so I couldn't just pass him off for someone else to care for. He said he would call President Heperi and see what to do. He then called me back and said that President Heperi appreciated my efforts and they would catch me another time. Whew!!! I know I shouldn't be so happy to get out of speaking but it really was a relief because I was so nervous. Who knows though, I may have to be nervous all over again in six months when stake conference rolls around. Oh, and just so you don't all think I'm a flake, they realized it was their mistake and they had actually asked me to speak on Sunday.

Anyway, I digress. Back to the river walk on this lovely spring day. Here are some pictures from our walk that Lisa took with her cell phone (thus the fuzzy, grainy quality).



Kathleen and Dorian resting at a park along the trail.







There is a huge tree along the trail with a swing and we had a lot of fun playing like kids again!




This last picture is of Dorian trying (and succeeding!) at looking like a big nerd! :-)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

my kids love that swing on the trail! hallie is afraid of it though because it can swing so far and high.