Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deep in the Heart of Texas

So I had a great time visiting Sheena, Eric and Maryn in Texas last week. Since they just moved into their new home (which is beautiful) I was able to help Sheena with the daunting task of unpacking and organizing. We also did a lot of shopping--actually Sheena shopped and I was just along to offer my support and opinions. At any rate we had fun. I was there for the 4th of July and we had fun going to their ward breakfast and then to the lake for some jet-skiing and swimming. The highlight of the lake trip was me stepping on a fish hook and proceeding to bleed all over the jet ski. It took several days before I could walk without limping but don't worry--I'm fine! After the trip to the lake we went to Eric's parents home for a BBQ, more swimming, and to watch the fireworks. It was really fun to watch Maryn play and jump in the pool, she absolutely LOVES the water and has no fear of it. She had fun playing with her cousins and I had fun trying to capture it all on film so Grandma and Grandpa Ellinger could see all the pictures. I'm posting just a few of the pics I took while in Texas, some of our activities and just a couple of Sheena's new house. I'll let her post most of the pictures of her new house.

Maryn riding the "ee-haw" at IKEA. When Maryn got on this rocking horse I said "yee-haw!" because isn't that what all children raised in Texas should learn to say? Well Sheena bought it for Maryn and from that time on Maryn called it her "ee-haw".


1 comment:

Jinsey Jane said...

So I went to your blog to see if you posted anything and I was pleasantly surprised to see a great description of your trip and the awesome pictures verifying the events for which you wrote. (Don't I just sound so profound?) I enjoyed it all over again. That's what is so fun about the blogs. You can keep going back again and again. Keep up the good work. You have lots to write about (ie. guitar class, taking other classes so you can get a lane change, your babysitting experiences, etc.) so keep up with the posts