Friday, October 30, 2009

Family Halloween Party

Here's another post I found in my drafts that never got posted!


It has become a tradition the past few years (with the arrival of all the grandchildren) to have a family Halloween party. We usually do it at Grandma and Grandpa's clubhouse and the kids and even some of the adults come in their costumes. This year, in addition to the usual crafts and games, Mom presented a lesson to the grandkids on how to wash their hands effectively. She had a video presentation as well as a black light so they could see all the "germs" on their hands. Mom told them they should wash their hands as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday or the ABC's. I understand some of my nieces and nephews have really taken that to heart!


The kids are looking at the germs on their hands under the table with the black light.


The adult doughnut eating contest. I can't remember for sure but I think Stephanie won and I came in a close second.

Nathan and Grandma
Kylan
Libby, Ellie and Kylan doing Halloween crafts.
My cute nieces and nephews in the costumes.

Nathan and Ellie
Mallory and Libby
Kierra, Keaton and Kylan
The 2 Snow Whites, Ellie and Libby
Nemo aka Nathan
Calli, Kathleen, Stephanie, Kristin
Shawn with his "beloved Phillies" pumpkin.

No comments: