Friday, September 26, 2008

Grrrr!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I hate the words rubric and pedagogy. I have a hard time articulating exactly why I have such negative feelings about these words but if you have ever taken an education class at BYU you will have to agree that these words are entirely overused. Perhaps these words are used equally as much at other institutions of higher learning but my experience has been with BYU.

I have had a few years reprieve from hearing these horrid words on a regular basis but that blessed reprieve has come to an end. I am currently taking an ESL class through BYU and am now forced to hear the blasted words over and over again!!! Why must I be tortured so?

3 comments:

Lois said...

I hate "vetted" and "foment."

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Are those words still said in an ASL class? Maybe if that's a silent class, that might be the next one to take!

Cynthia said...

business folk have to hear the stupid work 'pardigm' over and over. gag. to this day i giggle if someone says 'pardigm' because i think they're trying to sound smart.