Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hangin' With the Fam

Our family had our annual reunion on August 7-9. On Thursday night we had a western themed dinner at Mom and Dad's clubhouse. Mom and Dad had gone all out with the western and cowboy themed decorations and also gave all the grandkids cowboy hats, stick horses and bandanas. We played some fun games like "Guess Your Ancestor" and somewhat politically incorrect games like "Lasso Your Wife". Maybe there is an upside to still being single! :-)


On Friday and Saturday we were at the Heber Valley Girls Camp. Our first activity was the challenge course which began with climbing a 30 foot tree, walking across a high wire to another tree which we then repelled down. I have repelled a couple of times before but I was much younger and thinner then, so this time I was pretty nervous but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did. It was so much fun and I really felt like I had accomplished something. Between pregnancy, sprained ankles (sustained in aforementioned "Lasso Your Wife" game) and other maladies, I was the only girl in the family to do the repelling. There were several other fun activities we did on the challenge course.






The cousins all had so much fun playing together. Whether it was playing on the bunkbeds in the cabins and then jumping off onto my air mattress or following Keaton on the trails they all had a great time.




On Saturday we went to Legacy Lake and rode paddle boats and canoes. I didn't get any pictures of us on the boats but I know there are pictures on my family members blogs.


No comments: